Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Finite Incantatem


Warning: Do not read this if you haven't read the book and want to find out the surprises yourself. But if you really, really can't wait to know some tiny bits of the story inside, please proceed.

Actually, I've finished reading it yesterday, but I still couldn't shake off the after-effect. Hehehehe.... Much as I'd like to tell you about Harry's latest adventure, I'm sure you would kill me if I really do that :))

Well, anyway, I only want to say something: J.K Rowlings is really the mistress of story telling. She gives me the answers to all the questions popping up in my minds while reading the other six books. And she provides everything that I want to read in this book. For example, (well, it's not a joy-killer, but I have to say something, don't I?) what does a Harry potter's fan really hope for? A war? A great war between the Voldermort's Death Eaters and pupil of Hogwarts? You got it. She'll give it to you. Do you want to know the reason behind Dumbledor's gleaming eyes right after Harry told him what happened in the graveyard on the night Voldermort came to live again? You got it. Do you wanna know why Dumbledore's trust on Snape never waver no matter how fishy the situation looks like? You'll get the answer in this book. Do you ever wonder why house-elves could Apparate and Dissapparate inside Hogwarts while wizards can't? She'll give you the answer. Do you wonder why Dumbledore referred to his letter to Petunia as 'my last'? You'll find out in here. And most importantly, do you wanna know what became of Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna, Dobby, Kreacher and Grawp? Well, I'm afraid I can't answer that question. You just have to read it yourself to find out.

Almost in every chapter, the pace of the story is fast that I feel like riding on a roller coaster. It fulls of surprises and twists on every turn. Just when you think Harry got the upper hand, Rowlings turns it around. And just when you think everything is lost, she gets your hopes up again. She still includes some humor that became the character of this series. But I, and I believe you will too when you get to that part, was woeful when one of my favorite characters is deceased.

All in all, in my humble opinion, she gives what readers expect. And what do readers usually expect after years of misery and misfortune? No, no, no, don't ask me to answer that. I won't! I won't *crack. I Dissapparate.

No comments: