Saturday, June 04, 2005

Ada nyamuk di kamarkuuuu....

Spring is coming, and as usual, so does rain. It's been raining for several days now, and judging from the weather forecast, tomorrow is going to be cloudy too. Since we couldn't go out because Mas has to work on his project, I don't feel too upset about this weather. It even reminds me of lembang, because our dorm is surrounded by pine 'forrest'.

Another thing that spring brings out is mosquitos (or 'ka' in japanese). They start to show up everywhere, even in our room. I guess they hide in Mas's hair when he return home (his thick hair is a perfect hiding place for them).

There are several kinds of mosquitos that you can find in Japan, one of them is the aides eigepty (aduuhh... gimana sih spellingnya? I mean the one responsible for the dengue fever). I found one when I was preparing Izza's porridge (the complete story is here). Back then in Saitama city, most of the mosquitos I found were also this kind of mosq. But to my amazement (I don't know whether other people find it amazing or not), there are no dengue fever here. And I wonder why? I mean, if they are the same kind of mosq, then surely there are some (or at least a few) cases of dengue fever in Japan also. But there aren't. Does it only happen in 'third world' country like Indonesia? I don't know. What do you think?

No comments: