Friday, December 08, 2006

Happy 2nd birthday, Izza!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


My little girl reached 2 years last Monday. Unlike last year, we didn’t invite anyone to celebrate the happy day; just us, the Untoros. After all, the birthday girl doesn’t really understand what’s going on. She just know that her mother made her a cake with small doraemon and laalaa on top accompanied by a bunny and a dog :P


Maybe it’s cliché, but time really does seem to fly. It’s still fresh in my mind my pregnancy in Japan, how I continued riding bicycle and pushing it up the hill while I was 8 months pregnant with Izza (anyone calls me a whinner should try that once in a while). How difficult it was to find a doctor whom we could consult comfortably (meaning could speak English) so that I visited no less than 5 doctors during my pregnancy there! Last but not least, how I must give birth to Izza all alone at the hospital, without my husband (who were still in Japan) or my parents (who were at home taking care of Reyhan. Alhamdulillah, the process of birth was easy. In fact, I still had a good sleep the night before the d-day. I still even pray subuh that day. After that, the nurse gave me the induction medicine at 6 o’clock, the contraction started at 7 and then Izza was born at 7.55. Just like that.

Even though she’s already 2 years, Izza is still breastfed, although only at night before she goes to bed. This whole breastfeeding process is a bit of a problem for me. In one hand, I want to give her the best (and ASI is the best for baby) and I think I’m quite suceed in doing that because I give her ASI exclusive until she was 6 month old. On the other hand, she became too dependant on me that almost couldn’t do anything or go anywhere without her. She refuses the bottle that we give her later (well, maybe because it’s too late), and she barely eats any food. She doesn’t even like rice until now. Fortunately, she still eats other thing like noodle, cheese, fruit and drink milk like susu bantal. Judging from her weigh, I think she is still normal although maybe a bit underweight.

[A note for mothers who were breastfeeding: don’t let your baby too dependent on your breastmilk. It’s better to let her drink the milk from the bottle once in a while and ask your husband to give it to your baby. That way, you have no difficulty in weaning your baby.]

Just like her brother, Izza likes to sing and watch cartoons. Her favorit characters are doraemon, teletubbies especially laalaa and Winnie the pooh. She starts to talk more clearly and the words are started to make sense to her audience. For example, she said ‘nyum’ for minum, ‘cucu’ for susu, ‘caci’ for sakit, ‘caci’ for kaki, and ‘caci’ for kaus kaki (so if she starts to say ‘caci’, we must see which way she points to help us undestand which caci is that). Just last night, she spoke a new word. After we turned off the lamp in our room, she suddenly said ‘bambu’ while pointing at it. Mas and I authomatically corrected her ‘lampu’. She said again ‘bampu’. And then I said,”Ikutin mama ya dek. Laaammm….” And she said,” puuuuu…..”

2 comments:

Bunda Faikar said...

Happy birthday Izza...mama jago banget bikin kue ulang tahunnya...bisa diorder dong ya ly.....
semoga Izza tambah pinter, jadi anak kesayangan mama dan papa...dan panjang umurnya...

zizil said...

hi zuli,
lama tak bersua.
he...he... gue baru tahu nama anak loe sama anak gue mirip, Faiza.
Gue nggak niru lho li, sumprit deh. zizil